ATTENTION the deadline for enrollment is approaching! Anyone who wishes to participate for the whole marathon, please sign up by April 9 by sending via email or skype:
Check our route planner and let us know which section you’d like to join. Choose from a few days, a week, or the whole trip. We’ll be marking each section with difficulty levels.
Please contact us with some information about you, why you want to do the trip and your level of fitness.
The support vehicle, physiotherapist and medical practitioner will be on-hand at all times. This is an amazing opportunity to help promote road safety while seeing the beauty of Europe by bicycle.
First stage – registration:
It will be great the people who will join the marathon to able to contribute with organising and practically and successfully achieve the objectives of the European Velo Marathon.
There are limited places, so hurry up and sign up by:
1.Sending a brief personal resume or a CV– who are you, what experience you have, what jobs have you done, do you speak languages etc.
2.A brief cover letter – why you want to join in the marathon, behind which stood a cause and what is your level of fitness
Second Stage – Confirmation of involvement after by May 1, 2012:
1. By 1st May you need to have done a medical examination and have a certificate from your GP that your health will allow you to take the challenge.
2. Adequate insurance for personal injury and death, that must be valid in 11 countries through which we will pass, ie in the European Union and Serbia.
3. You can contribute to the marathon financially and have available fund between € 500 and € 1000, which we do not expect to produce from your pocket, but by using the guide we provide here to raise the funds necessary from your personal networks, friends and family. The guide to how to organise your fundraising is vailable here. E above mentioned sum does not include your return to Bulgaria.
This document will help you to raise funds for your participation. We are still waiting for sponsorship, but if we get any it will have to cover basic expenses for support car and organization. For your part, you can raise money with your family and friends.Good luck and if you need help contact us immediately.
Final Stage – Preparation for participation:
- Sign a declaration and agreement with the terms of conditions of participation
- Meeting on 1 June in Sofia for planning and instructions for travelling with the group.
- Arriving in London on July 25, 2012 meeting with the Mayor of London (to be confirmed).
- Program in London – 26 to 28 July 2012; Awards.
- Go back
Please if you have questions or comments, please share below.